What's new

Wheel Throwing (pottery)

Fred Berg

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
May 17, 2011
Messages
1,802
Reaction score
748
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
..........
 
Last edited:
I think he's making acorns out of a can of pea soup.
 
Interesting; what's he making?

Not sure but they looked like knobs, perhaps for drawers or curtain rails. Or maybe the sort of thing you see on poles in flower beds sometimes.
 
It's so cool, I've always wanted to learn how to throw pottery. Actually as a very young girl, I was given a kid's toy pottery wheel. It didn't really spin very fast so the clay was always lumpy, and I was given stern warnings that if I made a mess, then that was the end of the pottery wheel, so I was too scared to use enough water, so the clay would get too dry, too. I'm not sure how it's even physically possible to be a 6-year-old with a pottery wheel and NOT make a mess. Why even get it for me if this was such a concern? Anyway, I ended up not using it that much because of all the restrictions and because a 6-year-old girl has the attention span of a squirrel. :1219:

I love how that kid is so entranced in the first shot.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom