When a man loves a woman

Thanks Pugs. :) How do ya like that garter catch...LOL. I've never seen anything like it.
HAH! That might be my favorite of the set, actually! Everyone standing around and ONE guy doing a full on body dive for it! And, Henri Cartier-Bresson would so proud of how you captured that "decisive moment" just before the body hits the floor!

LOL. Watch out because Henri might spin around in his grave! Anyhoo, yes, he did smack head first into the floor. Ouch! But he got that garter by God, and he's got a wedding coming up. ;)

davblog22.jpg
That is the best face EVER! :greenpbl:

Isn't it funny? I cracked up when I saw the big burly fireman friend of Logan. He's gonna die when he sees the blog. *evil*

Awesome story and great pics.

This is EXACTLY what we mean!!!!!!!!!

Think about how this memory could have been ruined by someone who just bought a D90, but didn't know enough about it that they shot the wedding in auto, with the lens cap still on the camera???

I know I am repeating myself from an earlier post, but this is as good a set of wedding photos as I have ever seen, and the story makes them even better.

Wow!

WOW!

Great photos. What was your lighting set up?

This is EXACTLY what we mean!!!!!!!!!

Think about how this memory could have been ruined by someone who just bought a D90, but didn't know enough about it that they shot the wedding in auto, with the lens cap still on the camera???

I know I am repeating myself from an earlier post, but this is as good a set of wedding photos as I have ever seen, and the story makes them even better.

Wow!

WOW!

Hi Patrick,
Your words ring true to my heart. I know people have to start out somewhere, but shooting lead in a wedding is not that way. Personally, I shot a year of a combination of assist, 2nd, and bag handler. This was after a stint as a professional wire service photojournalist. I took it very seriously. I still do.

The new trend bothering me is the person with a camera, a website, and not much more. They don't take my clientelle from me, so there is no worry about me losing business, but I worry for the clients.

They aren't carrying the required Liability Bonds for their State, nor are they paying Sales Taxes. In many of the newby mind, it's "I have a camera and a website". They aren't thinking of the big picture. And eventually they will all be taken out by lawsuits and insane pricing. These types have never really affected me and the clientelle that I deal with.
I've tried to warn a few, but they make excuses. You can't make excuses to the state. And now many states offer rewards for photogs who turn in other photogs who don't pay sales taxes. It's getting brutal.
If you don't have the state required bonds, you can't work the venue. I've heard horror stories about photogs keeping the retainers....It never ends with the ways non professional photogs can embarrass us all.

But the main thing is, some of these half assed "I have a website and a camera" people are a total embarrassment to those of us who take this seriously.

You are right. This is the MOST important day in a couple's lives. You CAN NOT repeate it.
I agree with you total. Sorry for the tirade, but I felt it was needed.

Last edited:
Hi Patrick,
Your words ring true to my heart. I know people have to start out somewhere, but shooting lead in a wedding is not that way. Personally, I shot a year of a combination of assist, 2nd, and bag handler. This was after a stint as a professional wire service photojournalist. I took it very seriously. I still do.

The new trend bothering me is the person with a camera, a website, and not much more. They don't take my clientelle from me, so there is no worry about me losing business, but I worry for the clients.

They aren't carrying the required Liability Bonds for their State, nor are they paying Sales Taxes. In many of the newby mind, it's "I have a camera and a website". They aren't thinking of the big picture. And eventually they will all be taken out by lawsuits and insane pricing. These types have never really affected me and the clientelle that I deal with.
I've tried to warn a few, but they make excuses. You can't make excuses to the state. And now many states offer rewards for photogs who turn in other photogs who don't pay sales taxes. It's getting brutal.
If you don't have the state required bonds, you can't work the venue. I've heard horror stories about photogs keeping the retainers....It never ends with the ways non professional photogs can embarrass us all.

But the main thing is, some of these half assed "I have a website and a camera" people are a total embarrassment to those of us who take this seriously.

You are right. This is the MOST important day in a couple's lives. You CAN NOT repeate it.

Cindy,

Thank you for stating this so clearly and eloquently! You're a credit to your craft! I agree with Patrick, this thread should be stickied for any and all who want to become wedding photogs as an example of the quality and content of the photos they need to be able to take, AND for this discourse on the legal, moral, and business side of the industry as well!

It differed. Ambient, back flash, and off camera big lights. I know that this isn't very helpful. Sorry. If you could ask about a particular photo, perhaps I could help out more.

Hi Patrick,

Cindy,

Thank you for stating this so clearly and eloquently! You're a credit to your craft! I agree with Patrick, this thread should be stickied for any and all who want to become wedding photogs as an example of the quality and content of the photos they need to be able to take, AND for this discourse on the legal, moral, and business side of the industry as well!

I would be honored if the powers that be decide to do that. Thank you for the kind words, wisdom, and recommendation.

Gorgeous couple
Gorgeous dress
Gorgeous venue
AMAZING photographer! :thumbup::mrgreen:

You guys are too sweet! I just loved this couple.

It differed. Ambient, back flash, and off camera big lights. I know that this isn't very helpful. Sorry. If you could ask about a particular photo, perhaps I could help out more.

Actually, it's perfect info. Lol, I just needed the general set up. Great use of lighting. Amazing pictures!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back