I'm SO STOKED about this little girl.

e.rose

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
www.emilymcgonigle.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
A while back, my friend, Matthew, was hired to shoot one of my coworker's weddings, and naturally he then hired me to second shoot with him. Because he always does.

And AT this wedding... I became TOTALLY and UTTERLY obsessed with this little girl who was my coworker's flower girl.

I couldn't let it go, so during the reception, I approached her mother and let her know that I really wanted to photographer her daughter, and if it was already with her, I'd like to give them a free session.

She was all about that!

Some time passed and I just didn't have the time to call up Desi's (the little girl) mother, until around December.

I told Matthew that I had finally reached out to Desi's mother and that I planned on photographing her and he asked if he could *also* photograph her, to which I replied, "Of course, that's why I'm TELLING you," haha.

The original shoot date got postponed, but it all worked out, because I was able to get my friend and hair/makeup artist, Chelsea, on board for the shoot as a result.

So all of us went to the studio yesterday and I was expecting to have a somewhat difficult and awkward time trying to get shy little Desi to emote, and after she had gotten to the studio those suspicions were increased. However, Chelsea is SUPER good with kids, so she started to get Desi warmed up for us, while working with her hair/makeup.

Matthew went first, since his set up was a little more involved and we needed to do a bunch of test shots before Desi got there. His work with her was more artistic/conceptual, so it didn't really require Desi to be super connected, but by the time she got to me she had loosened up and was showing signs of having fun, and I can't EVEN begin to describe to you how awesome this kid is.

She's 10, has never been photographed before, and followed direction better than most teens and adults I work with.

She's a frickin' little model, and I wouldn't be surprised if she got signed to an agency by the time she was 16. Provided that her parents want to support that for their 10 year old right now.

Regardless, Matthew and I already told Desi's mother that we wanted to bring her back for some environmental stuff.

I think we found our Muse.

Love this kid.

Desi0359pf.jpg
(Chelsea helping to get her warmed up and keeping her entertained by making "kissy faces" at the camera for me, haha)

I can't wait to share the final images. I have so much editing to do before I get to this shoot, but I just want to skip everything and go straight for it, haha.

Beautiful eyes. She sort of reminds me of a young Brook Shields.

Beautiful eyes. She sort of reminds me of a young Brook Shields.

I could see that!

When I first saw her at the wedding my IMMEDIATE thought was "Cara Delevinge" (I know I spelled that wrong and I'm too lazy to google it. Haha)

Wow, she'll definitely be breaking a few hearts in the next few years!

It's great when you find someone who brings out the best in your work. I have a particular girl I like to shoot and be my guinea pig, because we just work so well together and have so much fun on our shoots. When I first shot her, she was nervous, but now we're so relaxed around each other that we can pretty much do anything together and it always turns out great!

We're currently planning a series of 10 photos together and on Friday, I'll be convincing her that she should be half naked covered in a thick gelatine fluid on the floor as if just broken out of an egg case. So I guess I'll find out how far we can go! ;)

Luckily for me, my sisters seem to produce particularly photogenic children, although the willingness of said children to have their photograph taken, is another matter lol

Most reactions

Back