When do i know if i need to charge for my services???

How much to charge matters most in the market you are in. Look up some local photographers offering the same services you are. Look at what they are charging, and compare the quality of your work to theirs. Is yours worse, or better? Adjust your price accordingly.

As far as gear is concerned. It is important... But it isn't the most important thing. I have a friend that is an MFA and working on a phD that shoots with two rolleiflexes...

It's because you are so far better than me and you have a better camera and you are good in photography and you are an expert and you are THE MAN!

I was giving advice to help you improve.. but apparently you feel like being a smarta$$ is more important! I won't waste anymore time on you....

How was i a smartass?
Saying the word "Crappy" to give crits to a learner is i think not appropriate. It's not a constructive word, but an insult.

If i say you do crappy portraits shots on your flicker acct, what would you feel?

As Carny pointed out.. I was referring to your "CRAPPY" backgrounds.... some of which are busy, ugly.. or just boring. Shooting a vertical subject in a vertical format reduces the amount of visible background.. and also allows the subject to be emphasized more.

You can say whatever you would like about my Flickr shots... I like 'em ( and so do a lot of people with more experience than you)... that is all that matters as I am not trying to sell them (although I do get requests for prints.. but I don't solicit them)!

If you want to SELL your work.. you need to be at a level where it is marketable at the fees you want to charge.

Why shoot in horizontal format.. and cut heads.. and have a massive amount of crappy background, when you could shoot vertical and not cut heads... and reduce the crappy background? Hint Hint!

It's because you are so far better than me and you have a better camera and you are good in photography and you are an expert and you are THE MAN!

I was giving advice to help you improve.. but apparently you feel like being a smarta$$ is more important! I won't waste anymore time on you....

Going by other Sony posts it is one of the traits of being a Sony owner, or the Ossie sense of humour is similar to mine

Meh...people that buy Sony DSLRs are into S&M and get off on being abused in public forums. That's got to be why.......right?

Meh...people that buy Sony DSLRs are into S&M and get off on being abused in public forums. That's got to be why.......right?

Really? I just assumed early senility! ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back