When the Telephone Pole Tries to Tell You Something

rufus5150

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.toddmckimmey.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I will admit straight away that this image is digitally edited to achieve its effect but it wasn't initially intentional. I took this photo outside on my back porch and was cleaning up and cloning out the telephone wires and polls. In the midst of my editing session, the phone rang. When I came back, this is where I was on the editing (plus a few other wires that have since been removed). I looked at it, said 'cool' and kept part of the subject half-edited.

tell_ya_something.jpg

C&C always welcome and appreciated.

I am not one to see the image of Abraham Lincoln in my PBJ samwich,
that I sell on eBay, but there are some what I feel are interesting images
(fully open to ones own interpretation) in the clouds and lighting right
above the cross.

Good. Composition is excellent - love the clear point of focus in the cross, and the mass of black clouds above. I like the "layers" the clouds have to them, on the one hand the dark, black, on the other the flowing sunset clouds... very interesting image.

That is spectacular! I love the coloring of the clouds, and it's always nice to see a cross. That actually looks like it could be a magazine cover because of its shape and quality.

I think the 'cross' gives it much more interest that it would have had. Good decision to keep it.

Thanks for the feedback, folks. I just ordered a couple 11x14's of this (one for the office, one for the house).

That's spectacular, actually. The detail in the clouds is one thing, but the low exposure/obscured terrain and the silhouetted 'cross' bathed in evening light - it's got a great impact! Yes, print 11x14s. Print bigger if you can afford it, I say!

wow.

I like this a lot... Rufus... the cross is so small in the shot, but it pulls your attention... two thumbs up.

I got my prints today. I had them done on mpix's metallic paper with no color adjustments. I was taken aback a bit, the print really brings out the depth of the clouds more than the digital image. I'm really happy with them.

Thanks for the positive feedback, folks!

Most reactions

Back