What's new

When time and confusion collide..

Noonz

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jan 23, 2010
Messages
169
Reaction score
2
Location
Sydney, Australia
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This photo was taken at one of my mates' university..i was going for an alone, lost, unaware, oblivious, sad kind of emotion in the actual photo itself.

i'm quite fond of it.. but i'm not too sure about the composition. just looking for some suggestions maybe on how to improve it.

cheers


34242_405772614142_183412584142_4423389_7727613_n.jpg
 
composition looks good. although I will say that since the highest contrast is the white scarf on the black jacket, it is the focal point, which is dead center. But I do like the play back and forth between the girl and the tree; both have good directional lines that seem to point to one another. this is reinforced by the vignetting. overall i think its a good composition. would like to see the main focal point (scarf/jacket) moved a little off center, so as to make a more dynamic photo. That being said: great photo! :thumbup:
 
I agree with the above, perhaps move the subject to the left slightly. The only other thing i find with this is that object to the right of the tree is distracting me, not massively, but enough for me to comment on it :)

Nice photo, Me likey.
 
I like it a lot. I feel what you were going for. My only issue with it is that horizon cuts through the subjects head. Pushing the subject a few feet further away from the camera may have brought the horizon over the head and avoided it. Just my thoughts, may have worked, may have not.

~Tom
 
i think you got exactly what you aimed for. nice photo
 
I like it. :)

However, I was curious what it would look like with a 1:1 aspect ratio. So I did a real quick edit to see...

34242_405772614142_183412584142_4423389_7727613_n.jpg
 
Nice.

Have to agree with just a bit more space between the two subjects. The things behind the tree are bothersome. I think this would be more effective with just the tree and the person...nothing else to distract.
 
I see what you were trying for,and thing at least on some level the effort is successful. I think the white scarf is a tad bit too brilliant,and that the vignetting is a bit excessive. Maybe toning down the vignette a bit would help the shot.
 
Thanks for that edit Bus! That's a very interesting crop, looks great actually.

Thank you guys for the comments/suggestions.. will definitely take them into account next time i shoot there :) :thumbup:

Other comments welcome :D
 
Nice shot. I think someone hit on it already but if you took three full 90-inch steps to the right and had her more to the left and the tree to the right.. it may have made an angle perfect for the "faceoff." Beautiful shot and PP though.

Thanks.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom