where did my reds go?

West_Berliner

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
hey everyone,
ive been having a little trouble getting my reds to appear online the way i edited them.

maybe pics will help :)

this is how it ended up looking once i uploaded
DSC_1120.jpg

this is how it should look (somehow i managed to keep the original colors in the crop???....*shrugs*)
bass.jpg

its not hard to tell that the pickguard is more brown-looking in the full-sized photo compared to the crop.....

another example. these are originally very red....they look more orange here.
203332571_a3de7d5b4b.jpg

anyone have any ideas what's up with this?

thanks!
mike

What upload service are you using and are you resizing your pictures before you upload? I find that the auto-resizer many upload sites use changes many aspects of my photos and they don't retain the same quality as those which I resize before uploading.

I see you're using CS2 for your editing. My guess is an issue with colour profiles. Are you using AdobeRGB profile for editing then saving as a JPEG with no profile attached? Does your image look like wrong (i.e. no red) when preview in a browser (before uploading to the web)?

Boston, I resize before uploading, and upload using flickr uploader.

Mohain,
I just went ahead and tried that, and yeah, it seems to be the problem...
thanks!
now i need to go back and get the color profile attached to the photos,and all should be well :) thanks!

*edit* It turns out I was using the ProPhoto RGB color space. I made myself a script to convert all my shots to sRGB, which seems to be working out fine and the photos are showing up the way I edited them. thanks again

Most reactions

Back