Where do I start?

baggedon22s

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
i have no idea what each setting does?Im totally new at this and would appreciate it if someone could explain or post a link to explain iso,apperture,shutter,wb...thnx.

thnx.
another question,can i still get good shots without an expensive camera?

thnx,i just wanted something that i could get some decent shots with.

heres a few i took,not the best but i tried.any comments?
P9241193.jpg

P3150155.jpg

P2250085.jpg

I like the last one. Bad choice imo. It's dirty o.o

The 2nd one seems cool, I just don't like the posters.

What camera are you using?

i have an olympus sp-550uz,i figured i try this one before moving up to something a bit more advanced.

thnx.

definintely!

I've been amazed sometimes seeing shots taken from a low end camera. Also, how do you define expensive: $200+, or $500+ or $2000+? It all depends on your budget.

when i bought this one i have now i think i paid 300 which was pretty much all i wanted to spend.but like i said ill upgrade later on down the road as i learn more.

thnx.
Point and shoot when I was just beginning to learn. This was taken from the goal line about 5 rows from the top section in the nosebeed section...

Original unedited:

Lightroom20080311ChicagoatDetroitho.jpg

Heavily developed to fix white balance, crop, etc. Note the detail in the ice from the skates. Had I known what I know now about my camera, the image quality would have been much much better. Not too bad for a point and shoot from peanut heaven:

20080311ChicagoatDetroithockeyDSCF2.jpg

After I've learned a bit more about photography. You can see the bokeh in the far background and even the blurred visible flowers behind the main subject flowers/bee:

20080505BeeDSCF5541.jpg

My attempt of a bit more on the artistic side:

20080405TreeDSCF3974.jpg

And more of my artistic side:

20080615McConnellsMillsDSCF6149-2.jpg

Even a 4 year old can use it and get a nice shot:

DSCF6840.jpg

how do you get the background blurred like that?
what can i use to edit my pics to make them look a little better?

The vast majority use Photoshop for editing pics.

Blurred backgrounds are what is called Depth of Field. This is lens dependant.
I believe you can do some in Photoshop though.

I would suggest looking into a community college or something to take an entry level course on cameras.

Why? Well, I had the same questions you do, but 3-4 months ago. I bought a camera, played with it, and a month ago started my first class and have learned SO much from 4 hours a week. I even have my first assignment due tomorrow.

Most reactions

Back