Where do you get your frames?

bleeblu

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
bleeblu.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm looking into purchasing a few 11x14 frames but don't really know where to look online. A local store around me sells them for a little over $40. This is out of my price range as I am a poor college student! I'm looking for a very minimal, professional black frame. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

I've been getting mine here for years...

They have a good selection of wood frames, as well as the standard minimal black ones. I haven't ever had a problem with their mats either.

They don't ship glass, but their non-glare plexi looks pretty good.

edit
I have never gotten prints from them, but they do that too. I've been meaning to order some small ones to test them out...

I get mine at my optometrist.
opticien.gif

I get mine at my optometrist.
opticien.gif
HAHA - speaking of that, I have an appointment on the 5th... My wife was just there a week ago, and I was browsing the frames while I waited... The selection kinda sucked, lol. I'll probably just get new lenses in the frames I have now. Probably get some new sunglasses though.

I've gotten a lot from Ikea. They have some big square ones that were perect for a shot I wanted.

I usually check the Sunday paper. I too am a poor college student, and the paper usually has an ad for Michael's (if you have a Michael's nearby- it's a craft store and they do custom framing too.) There is usually a coupon for 40% off one regularly priced item. This week they had frames on sale 40% off anyway. I found a huge frame with matting and glass for a 16x20 image for $15.99 yesterday. :)

american frame, frame destination, dick blick, binders, you can also buy rails from Marshall's and other art supply places.

oops, not Marshall's , Michael' s ( brain cramp)

Last edited:
When I do need them, my local Michaels store seems to have a decent supply. They are relatively cheap and often they have specials and sales and I can stock up a bit. As far as I know they are about the only game in town.

WesternGuy

I get mine framed at a professional place here. 80 bucks for 12x24 with glass. The price to labor ratio is good enough that I just let them frame most of my important stuff

If it isn't reaaaallly important; then I usually frame stuff my self. There is a hobby shop near here that sells pieces of frames and you just cut them to the size of your picture (or usually in my case painting) and then if you buy a bunch in advance you have any size frame you need any time you need it! Just build it!

Really important stuff I usually just get it done pro somewhere!

I do alot of print sales and browse Craigslist constantly. About once or twice a year I get a lot (10 or more) of new or like new frames for under $40. I have even gotten about 20 brand new Michaels frames for $10!!! I refinish and mat myself. If it is for portraits I use a new frame and buy a mat instead of making my own

I was asked to make some once, I made pretty large ones(100x100cm) out of expanded PVC and 3mm Plexiglass, they were very light considering the size, only cost like 19€ to make

Most reactions

New Topics

Back