Where do you go shopping?

Toffee

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Having despaired of my local Jessops stores (I'm sure they're not all bad, just my local ones :| ), I'm wondering if there are any other good photographic equipment companies left in the UK? The only other place I know of is www.7dayshop.com which is great for bargains, but doesn't have a huge range.

:chatty:So, apart from Jessops, where do you all buy your new toys? Who do you turn to when you want a new 58mm 85B filter or a tripod bag? Do you like to buy online? Where did you get your best bargain?

Skipster

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I use ebay almost exclusively. Huge variety, and if you play your cards right, you can get good deals.

Rob

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.ukphotographs.com
There are still some good independent shops in London, I use Jacobs an awful lot and tend to buy knackered kit and see if it works or I can fix it. Remarkably, they'll take back stuff which I haven't been able to fix without any quibbles.

AFAIK they were formed by the best of the staff at Jessops, who were sick of working... well at Jessops.

www.jacobs-photo.co.uk

railman44

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
EBay is the only answer. There's the good, the bad and the ugly. The stuff I've bought has been babied! Can't beat the price. Shipping across the pond can get a little pricey though...

ksmattfish

Now 100% DC - not as cool as I once was, but still
Reaction score
Website
www.henrypeach.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
There is some equipment and supplies that I'm happy to pick up used if it's a deal, and I've had mostly good luck with Ebay.

For new gear, supplies, film, chems, paper, etc... I shop (in the USA) at Freestyle and B & H. Anything cheaper than B & H is probably a scam. Freestyle is just a bit more expensive, but I've always been impressed how fast I get my stuff even when I go with regular shipping, and their great customer service.

westman

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Usually, i buy things from HongKong ....Australia's camera equiments are very expensive
for online , ebay + B&H!

OP
Toffee

Toffee

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Thanks! These are great suggestions. I think I'll go shopping! :bounce:

Christie Photo

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.christiephoto.com
For sure, I do the "shopping" part on the web, but try to do the "buying" part locally. It's not always possible (for different reasons... cost, availability), but I do give it a try.

Most reactions

New Topics