Where do you personally buy your cameras from?

B&H Photo Video or Adorama. I don't buy used camera bodies.

Local brick & mortar store.

I don't register my gear with the manufacturer. If I have a warranty issue, the store swaps me for a replacement. I don't have to ship my gear to the an on-line wholesaler, who then sends it to a repair facility, then reverse the entire process to get it back....... I can get a replacement body by tomorrow.

The place with the best price

I bought my D3100 package from Costco.

Best Buy (D70)
freestylephoto (X100, holga)
Keh.com (d200, F4s, canonet, and another for parts)
Adorama (Leica M6)
craigslist (d300, 3rd canonet, olympus stylus epic (x2), yashica D tlr)
ebay (yashica electro 35 gs, F100)
friends/family (nikon fe, brownie hawkeye, pentax k1000, olympus xa)
russ, at camerarefurb.com (electro 35gsn.. sold it to me after he wasn't able to repair my gs)
antique store (Kodak Autographic 2c/No1 Jr.. it's from the 1920's)

fredmiranda.com has a very extensive used market place... I have had many excellent buy's and sell's there.

p!nK

Most of my stuff I bought from Adorama and I've had zero problems with them. I did buy my 70-200 from a seller on ebay that was really good too. I can't remember the name of the shop but they were great.

I am also in the market for my first DSLR and I came across http://bestpricephoto.com any ratings on that one?

I don't know if they are reputatable but their prices aren't that great. Compare them with B&H's (B&H Photo Video Digital Cameras, Photography, Camcorders)

I was just looking at that one because it's about $30 cheaper for the starter camera that I am looking for (nikon 3100) plus it comes with some little other things I might have to buy like tripod, case, lcd screen protector.. little stuff that I may need?

Those tripods that come in kits like that aren't really worth the effort. If you do in fact use a tripod, you'll end up replacing it with a real one eventually anyway... Also, do you really need an LCD protector? I'd rather buy from an industry standard so I know that the money I do spend gets me reliable service and support.

Those tripods that come in kits like that aren't really worth the effort. If you do in fact use a tripod, you'll end up replacing it with a real one eventually anyway... Also, do you really need an LCD protector? I'd rather buy from an industry standard so I know that the money I do spend gets me reliable service and support.

Totally true! I just wanted to see if anyone else had an experience with them. I like to browse their site, I usually just buy from whoever is cheapest, that goes for anything though.

Ediacol said:
I was just looking at that one because it's about $30 cheaper for the starter camera that I am looking for (nikon 3100) plus it comes with some little other things I might have to buy like tripod, case, lcd screen protector.. little stuff that I may need?

I bought a kit - the whole shebang - tripod, memory card, case, cleaner, and a whole bunch of other crap. Tripod is worthless. I don't use a screen protecter, case was too small, memory card was 32gb (way too big) and I don't use anything else that came with it except the wireless remote. Better off not buying a kit with all the little extras - not worth it.

Most reactions

Back