Where/how do you find models?

Like I said, I'm only 16. I'd love to use a site like modelmayhem or craigslist, but there's a lot of risk involved in that. And anyway, I don't think people would be willing to travel all the way to nowhereland for a 16 year-old somewhat-beginner. It's a nice idea to keep in mind for when I have more experience, though, so thanks for the suggestion.
I dont see the risk, modelmayhem is pretty legit compared to the craigslist scammers. You might have alot of flakes, but thats the modeling business. What exactly is it you are wanting to shoot?

^ Huh, well I guess I'll take your word for it. Still, I think it might be easier to just look around school or do flyers. I'm not looking for professionals at this point. And I don't want to shoot anything in particular right now. I'd just like to get a foundation for photographing people, try some simple poses and portraits. My goal is to reach a point where I can make pictures like this or like this without borrowing stock, hence why I'm not certain TFP will work and don't really feel I'm in need of professional models (for now.) Unless the model doesn't mind using an oddly disfigured portrait for an audition headshot... :meh:

Those are very...grotesque, lol.

Stick to shooting people around your area, or school that you can just straight out ask. Most people, if they have the time, won't refuse =p.

Also,
if you are looking for a place to find some good stock images, no usage strings attached, drop me a PM.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back