Where in the world...

RenaissanceMan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
There is a gorgeous photograph of the Space Station taken from above it, looking down on an unknown country.
I wrote to NASA and asked them what country it was, such is my interest in geography. You'd think they would know, but nooooo.

Try as I might to upload the jpg photo, thephotoforum will not allow me to do so. Perhaps it is because I am a newbie.

Your discrimination is misplaced.

So name that country, please. Otherwise, unchain my hands.

nice first post! Perhaps if you read the stickys at the top of the section regarding posting of pictures you might find that all you have to do is host the photo on some site and link it here ;)

Looks like Yemen to me. But it could be Bolivia. Maybe Sierra Leone. Possibly Laos.

Giving the tremendous number of images NASA has produced over the years, my guess is they can't just look at an image and say, "Oh, that's over Spain!". You'll probably need some sort of catalog number for them to reference.

nice first post! Perhaps if you read the stickys at the top of the section regarding posting of pictures you might find that all you have to do is host the photo on some site and link it here ;)

Instructions are for sissies. Perhaps if you looked at the icons just above "the stickys (sic)" in your post, you would notice the image icon which in every other forum on earth permits one to insert an.... image.

Nevertheless, I found a link through google which shows the very interesting piece of unknown geography:

http://www.google.com/imgres?um=1&h...1&tbnw=213&start=0&ndsp=19&ved=1t:429,r:9,s:0

Well, we'll never know where the photo is of. I guess you don't want our help.

Instructions are for sissies. Perhaps if you looked at the icons just above "the stickys (sic)" in your post, you would notice the image icon which in every other forum on earth permits one to insert an.... image.

Nevertheless, I found a link through google which shows the very interesting piece of unknown geography:

TPF is like NO other forum on earth... :lol:
Besides, it's really a moot point anyway. If it's not YOUR photo, you should be posting a link to it and not the actual image, anyway. And I'm gonna go out on a limb here and guess that you were not up in space with the astronauts TAKING that photo; otherwise, you might know where it was.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back