Where New York Meets Jersey

The Phototron

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
These were taken near sunset and clouds were dramatic.

2114860714_6bdde631ae_o.jpg

2114860566_ee4a21b339_o.jpg

I hope you guys like it, critiques are welcome.

Once again, magnificant! :)
That means a lot coming from you, I really admire you sunset/sunrise series. And it's so nice that you include your earlier attempts, there's so much improvement and progress over your gallery.

Erm...did I refer to the wrong person, you do have flickr gallery right?

These are fantastic, I dont do enough of these like I should, but these are so nice, the clouds are perfect and the colors and light is just as you would want it...

perfect shots. thats all I can say...

nothing could improve these,
unless of course it was a Porsche 911 sailing across the sky after jumping a ramp at 200mph over the harbor. but thats not too likely...

These are fantastic, I dont do enough of these like I should, but these are so nice, the clouds are perfect and the colors and light is just as you would want it...

perfect shots. thats all I can say...

nothing could improve these,
unless of course it was a Porsche 911 sailing across the sky after jumping a ramp at 200mph over the harbor. but thats not too likely...
Haha, I can still hope! And maybe with Clint Eastwood driving it with his Blondie persona.

looks like a lot of postprocessing, but mostly well done I'd say.

The only thing that bothers me are the halos around the skyline. maybe try some different sharpening settings?

They're very nice. I'm not a big fan of the "postcardesque" look, but these are certainly very well done, props for that.
Can't decide if that blue sign in the lower left corner of pic 1 is distracting or interesting.

looks like a lot of postprocessing, but mostly well done I'd say.

The only thing that bothers me are the halos around the skyline. maybe try some different sharpening settings?
Thanks for comment.

The post processing consists of curves, masking, and sharpening. I actually tried to reduce amount of sharpening in the skyline areas, but some of it is due to blur from camera-shake.

They're very nice. I'm not a big fan of the "postcardesque" look, but these are certainly very well done, props for that.
Can't decide if that blue sign in the lower left corner of pic 1 is distracting or interesting.
I don't understand the "postcardesque" remark. Do you mean to say that they are well done but done already?

I would agree to that, and these certainly weren't shot with creativity, just basic framing and at the right time.

beautiful shots, what a great combination of elements superbly captured.
Thanks.

2nd picture is just simply amazing.

I bought my bmw near that area. the scenery didn't look like that though

I don't understand the "postcardesque" remark. Do you mean to say that they are well done but done already?

I would agree to that, and these certainly weren't shot with creativity, just basic framing and at the right time.

Thanks.

The pictures kinda look like postcards i.e. they are really beautiful without the slightest hint of ugliness or edge. It's not a bad thing, if that's what you're trying to achieve. It's pretty obvious that you were going for that this time around, and as I said, you do it very well. I was basically saying: "these pictures don't really do anything for me, but they're still very good".

Most reactions

Back