where to find 'best locations' for travel photography

cgennoe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello!

I am currently teaching english in Korea and am actually planning to travel to Japan and China this summer to travel and of course, shoot!

My question is, What resources can you recommend that provide the best possible information on traveling to a new country as a photographer.

There is an abundance of information on travel in general, of course, But specifically for photographers? Where to shoot, what to avoid, risk involved in certain areas, etc.

Appreciated as always!

Colin :D

Hey! Make sure you go to Cheju Do and take some pictures while you are there if you haven't already! It's beautiful!

-A google for photo forums in that country

-posting questions on boards like this one (chances are someone's been there)

-Get a National Geographic index for the last ten years, look up the areas in there, see what their photogs were shooting

-Many of the major travel guides list 'Sights to see'

-Wikipedia

As an aside, there is a business opportunity here for a publisher - why not a travel guide for photographers... or at least some photo high-lights in existing travel guides.

The National Geographic idea is really awesome, but don't try and compare your shots to theirs, that's like committing emotional suicide.

You HAVE to take a photo of Mount Fuji in Japan, though. I hear its the most photographed mountain in the world. I'm just saying. Plus, you know its image worthy if a camera company was named after it (just go along with me on this one).

Most reactions

New Topics

Back