Where to get 120 developed and printed

gregwilson2011

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Is there anywhere in central NC that I could take 120 MF film to get developed and and printed?
Are there any reputable place online that I could mail film to that offer a decent price?

I've been using North Coast Photographic Services for several months via mail and they've done really good work. Google them for their web site to get their price sheet and order form. Ken Rockwell gave them high recommendation, which is what steered me to them. Google him and check him out too. (Being a brand new member of this august forum, I'm not currently allowed to provide links directly.)

Note that NCPS is in Southern Cal and I'm in Oregon.

Last edited:
if you live near a college, there might be something nearby. or if the college has photography classes, they can help you out.

You didn't say color or B&W???

I've used Walmart a couple of times in the past, for both color and B&W. The envelope that gets sent out has space for special instructions where I've specified the film type and what I wanted done. In my case the film is taken from Walmart in Massachusetts by a courier and gets processed by a Fuji lab in New York. Takes about a week or so to get it back. Walmart may contract with other labs that may not be Fuji.

This link to another forum goes into some more detail about Walmart processing... and don't ask the photo clerk at Walmart about 120 processing, they're clueless pretty much......
120 developing at Walmart? Yea or nay? - Photo.net Medium Format Forum

For C41 color & C41 B&W Processing and printing of color negative film - develop and print - great prices from a trusted name for over 50 years - Dwayne's Photo Service is one of the better ones I've tried.

Setting up for developing your own film is not that expensive. You will need to get a tank, a reel or two, a good thermometer and some graduated cylinders and of course the chemicals. Process about 10 rolls of film and you will have paid for your materials over having someone else process it.

Search your local Cragslist. Sometimes guys here in dallas give away their old dark room stuff because they figure it's worthless.

Millers Lab can develop, print and scan your film. The price is decent. I'm having them scan all my negs from a trip to Italy back in June of 2000.

I use JW photolabs for my color stuff. They do a great job both in developing, scanning and printing. They are located in Raleigh

For black and white, your kitchen, most fun you will ever have with your clothes on.:lol:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back