Where to get prints made????

sabenemmons

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I just got done doing a senior photo shoot for a friend and now i need a good place to get prints from. I was looking at York because they have done me well in the past but i was looking to see if anyone had any better places. Also i would Love to find a place that does the rounded edge wallets.
saben

Sorry I can't help you because I'm not in America. But generally any professional lab is going to do a good job, even a very good job. :)

What are the rounded edge wallets? Is that like a little photo album they put them in for you?

Mpix sounded pretty good to me last time i was thinking of getting some prints done.

havent tried them personally but it think it would be a good place to start

To be honest, I'm still blown away by www.shutterfly.com (assuming you shoot digital). There's an option in there where you can check a box so they don't do any auto correcting. Therefore, whatever settings you use in, say, Photoshop will be preserved in the final result.

And if you've never used them before, they'll give you 15 free 4x6s just to try them out to see what you think. :)

There are two different types of places online that print your pictures. You've got your shutterfly, fuji, wal-mart, etc type places. Then a notch above are the real labs. Like mpix, whcc and a couple others. mpix.com has great quality as does whcc. Mpix has a much better upload system.

voodoocat said:
There are two different types of places online that print your pictures. You've got your shutterfly, fuji, wal-mart, etc type places. Then a notch above are the real labs. Like mpix, whcc and a couple others. mpix.com has great quality as does whcc. Mpix has a much better upload system.

I think Mpix is the consumer division for WHCC.

I have seen work done by Miller's, and the photo studio I am at currently uses White House Custom Color for all of our 11x14 and larger prints. Great quality. :thumbup:

Islair

Most reactions

Back