Where to post my amateur pictures for questions?

Gerardo_G

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm an origami artist. I take pictures of my folded works and I'm very serious about it. Still, I'm just an amateur when it comes to photography. I took this picture, I want to post it and ask a question. I want to be clear that I know very little about the subject (photography), so I'm a little worried about getting crushed with critique. Where on the forum, can I post my picture and ask my question?

Thanks in advance :).

I'm an origami artist. I take pictures of my folded works and I'm very serious about it. Still, I'm just an amateur when it comes to photography. I took this picture, I want to post it and ask a question. I want to be clear that I know very little about the subject (photography), so I'm a little worried about getting crushed with critique. Where on the forum, can I post my picture and ask my question?

Thanks in advance :).
Look down the list of forums and find one that seems to fit the topic, either as your subject material, or some other criteria. This forum, the Beginner's Forum, is not intended for critique.

As for being timid, don't. Sure, some members might rag on your photograph, but most of us will not.

If you would like to get more information about how to post for critique, I can find that thread that is a great help in that regard.

If your questions are about edits you have done use the graphics Programs & Photo Gallery forum.

If you want general critique and commentary use an appropriate forum in the Photo Gallery Section of the forums.
For photos of your artwork I would suggest using the General Gallery.

Note the Beginners' forum description:
"Photography Beginners' Forum
Don't be shy. Use one of the forums in the - Photo Galleries - Photos submitted by members for general display or critique - section of TPF if you want C&C improvement tips on some of the photos you have taken.

For equipment specific questions, use one of the forums in the Camera Forum section of TPF. Brushing up on some of the basics? The Beginner's forum is for asking basic technical photographic questions about things like shutter speed, aperture, ISO, white balance, metering modes, focusing modes."

Most reactions

Back