Where to sell vintage cameras?

I know this is not as "vintage as many I have seen in here, but I have an Apple QuickTake 100 - circa 1994 - Apples first entrance into the "digital photography world." I was wondering if it is worth anything yet, will be in the future, or if I should get rid of it.

ebay or google it for value

Are any of them a Rolleiflex? I am really liking to get a camera from WWII. I know the Rollei is not from WWII but that is one that is on my list.

I have a Rolleiflex that my late Dad had. If you are still looking even though your post was last year, I can send you a picture of it along with the details.

I would first determine what the "fair market value" is of your items by looking at same sold on Ebay. That's step one, determining value, so you don't cheat yourself or someone else. I would then offer the items to local camera store, photo forums like here or Fred Miranda (pay to play w/ratings) and craigslist to see if you get a bite or two - lastly I would resort to ebay (9+3=12% take). That is if you have the time if not go straight to ebay for ease. Good Luck!

I am really late to the game but I have a 1952 Rolleiflex 2.8D that my uncle bought new. It has been in a drawer since the mid 50's and is like new. I have the leather case that it came in and it is also in very nice shape with the exception of the strap (handle) which has some cracks in the finish. The lenses are very clear and all works like new. I also have a book he bought with the camera that is in great shape. The book has a post card offering the new edition as soon as released in "early 1955". I don't know if you are still interested in one but if so this is a really nice piece. I have taken it to a couple of stores and both said it was the nicest they have seen in a very long time. Let me know if you have any interest and I will send you photos. I apologize but I don't know how to add the photos here. You can email me at [email protected].

Are any of them a Rolleiflex? I am really liking to get a camera from WWII. I know the Rollei is not from WWII but that is one that is on my list.

Hello, I Have Two Rolleiflex

Think of ebay as a quick and dirty way to offload camera equipment. From a sellers point of view, you will typically get a bit less but you sell the equipment faster and with less hassle. As for the researching on the internet, there's not one location for all vintage cameras. Typically you'll find a website that focuses on one type or brand. I usually start with google and read anything I can find. You can also post a list here in the classifieds and other forums...

I would go ahead and collect the information on your father-in-law's collection and post them in the "collector's forum". Our neighborhood vintage collector, Mitca, and man others will most likely have some tidbit to say about them. I wouldn't mind taking a peak... any of the cameras say Pentax, Asahiflex, or Leica???

Most reactions

Back