Where would you get your photos developed?

danjchau

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
-------------

Last edited:
Wow The Source develops photo's where you are? Man mine doesn't even sell camera's of any type, not even video camera's. Guess thats what I get for living in the north :p

Sorry to go off topic there. I would get just normal pictures done at Cosco and the real good ones done at London Drugs.

*EDIT* Once I hit post I realized your getting filmed developed. Here I was thinking digital sorry, somehow I missed the multiple "develop" words in there. Just ignore me :p

-------------

Last edited:
I am wondering where to go also. I just got a new camera and am planning on sending the same picture to multiple places to compare quality. I am hoping, fingers crossed, that Costco does a good job. Another place I am going to try is AdoramaPix online. Their prices are pretty good and they supposidly have great quality.

I had sent my first batch of pictures that I had taken with my new DSLR camera to Wal-Mart. It was cheap, but they were horrible. All skin tones had a purple look to them, and the colors ran together. All of the darker colors were just black in the printed photographs, there were no shades of darkness. I have sent the same batch to www.mpix.com and www.snapfish.com to see what kind of results I am going to get. I keep hearing that mpix is good. I think snapfish is actually the same thing as Wal-mart (evidently they have signed some sort of deal). I may try shutterfly and Costco too. With Mpix I did two batches...one that is the cheaper non-color corrected, and the other is the more expensive color corrected (which of course should turn out better). I will post my results. I'm not asking for a print service that will just blow me away, I just want quality prints at a decent price.

I've been using CostCo.com ... upload photos overnight ... select and pick up next day.

Photo quality is good. Price is excellent. Their interface is very easy to use.

If you want to put border and such in photo, their "trimming" is sometimes off - for "family photo" I normally can't tell without the border.

I've read about "winkflash.com" which have better pricing then CostCo. But they charge shipping so you only see saving if you have lots and lots.

Any transaction that need conversation with employee (picking up photo), I stay away from Walmart. To get someone to talk to me, I almost feel like I have to point a gun and kidnap them - HORRIBLE customer service.

-------------

Last edited:
Costco
Offers great quality photos. Printed on fujifilm crystal archive paper, it produces accurate colour reproduction. Costco is probably the place to go, offering their colour spaces online for manipulation, but also at a very low price for only $.19 for a 4x6 print.

And $2.99 for a 12x18, $3.99 for 12x24, $4.99 for 12x36, and $9.99 for 20x30. :lovey:

I have to say... I've actually gotten great results from walmart.
Excuse me, I need to take a shower... I suddenly feel dirty.

My local Costco seems to do some processing to the photos .. boosting colours and contrast. They caused blown highlights and posturization on some of mine. Anyone else notice this?

My local Costco seems to do some processing to the photos .. boosting colours and contrast. They caused blown highlights and posturization on some of mine. Anyone else notice this?

No. I simply told them not to do any adjustments.

These cheap places don't mess up the processing but printing correct? I always get it on a CD and have it printed somewhere else.

CostCo by default will use "default stuff" - I'm guessing this mean if you did some things in Photoshop, CostCo will use their parameters.

But right before you click "BUY", there is a box for you to turn this off so CostCo will print using your parameters.

CostCo by default will use "default stuff" - I'm guessing this mean if you did some things in Photoshop, CostCo will use their parameters.

But right before you click "BUY", there is a box for you to turn this off so CostCo will print using your parameters.

Thanks!! I will try this since Costco's prices are great. In the past I brought a CD with me to the store, but I'll try uploading some this time and look for that setting.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back