Where would you go?

Hmmm....I would have to say Italy is the main one, I woldn't mind seeing everything so any place my finger lands on the globe :)

If money was no object...then everywhere I could think of on this rock and then hop to the next couple or until I run out of rocket fuel, flash cards, or sunchips. Tatooine bound baby!!!

oriecat said:
Tatooine?! It's just a desert!

Oh but the sunsets. :wink: plus I'm all about taking some photos of some sand people weddings and Jawas hard at work wranglin androids...photojournalism like never before.

oriecat said:
I still have to spread it around more before I can give to you again...

thats weird!

after vancouver, id go to america to see mindy and a few others
france
back to italy
scotland
prague
austria
the whole of europe basically
japan
vietnam
new zealand
any polynesian island
and then back to my lovely ireland for the 3rd time..:heart:

manda said:
thats weird!

after vancouver, id go to america to see mindy and a few others
france
back to italy
scotland
prague
austria
the whole of europe basically
japan
vietnam
new zealand
any polynesian island
and then back to my lovely ireland for the 3rd time..:heart:
sounds like a great trip! can i come??

elsaspet said:
Is it your job that takes you to those places? I'd love to have a job where I traveled, but then again, I'd miss my family too much.

No, not my job but it has provided some of the travel rewards. We own a restaurant and gift shop and I've found that I can buy a lot of stuff for both with a credit card that gives miles. As long as I pay off the card every month it is a good deal. So we can rack up anywhere between 10k to 25k miles per month. That has given us a lot of travel option.

I've always loved to travel. Since we don't have any kids, my wife and I usually go someplace far away every couple of years. I did do a lot of travel on my own before I got married. Back in the late 80's I took a backpack trip around the world for a few months on my own. I've tried to travel almost every year to some place since high school. (I graduated in 1972 so I've had a lot of time to go places.....)

I think traveling and seeing other cultures really helps you appreciate and understand the perspectives of others around the world. It makes all the stuff you see on TV and read in newspapers become real and not just "something else" around the world you can't relate to.

For example, we were in Madrid Spain at the Atocha Station just a couple of weeks before that horrible bombing. It just makes it so much more real and relateable to know exactly where and what the people are like.

airgunr said:
I can buy a lot of stuff for both with a credit card that gives miles.
me like that card. :)

Most reactions

Back