Which accessories for my new camera?

Or you could just have your laptop handy (if you have one) and load all the pictures on there as a back up. I can't imagine being at a shoot and having something go wrong with the memory card:confused:
Good idea. :thumbup:
Noone can tell you what you need. I agree witht he others who say shoot around a while and you might figure out a need that should be filled. Too many noobs (not saying that you are one) run right out and buy pieces of gear that they may regret as a wasted purchase later on.
Yeah I have to watch out for that. Thanks.
Just shoot what you've got for a few months. Make the most out of your limitations. Learn everything you can with what you've got. THEN buy new gear.
Yeah that's probably what I should do haha.

The only thing I would say, other than to 2nd all of the others in waiting, is that the first thing you might want to get is a good quality tripod.

Tripods are something that are universal and can be useful regardless of what type of photography you get into later.

The only thing I would say, other than to 2nd all of the others in waiting, is that the first thing you might want to get is a good quality tripod.

Tripods are something that are universal and can be useful regardless of what type of photography you get into later.

+1

Make a list of what you think you might think you need right now. Put it to the side. In a couple of months of shooting with your new camera make a list of what you think you need right now. Pull out the previous list and compare. Chances are that your priorities will have changed.

Tripod is the only thing ever photographer absolutely needs, unless you shoot strictly photojournalism and are constantly moving.

I found buying things when I needed them was a way to build my gear up. I started with the 18-70 and 55-200 that came with my camera and have purchased new accersories as I need them. For instance I was gong to shoot a small wedding so I figured I needed an off camera flash
(sb-600), I got a gig doing real estate photography and felt 18mm was not wide enough so I bought a wider lens (sigma 10-20), I've recently been getting more into portrait photography and therefore got a 50mm prime. After a couple years with my D-50 I wanted more from my camera so I purchased a D-200, I started messing around with the commander mode and found I would love another flash for more dramatic lighting set-ups so I got an SB-800 (I know a 600 would do fine but it was an xmas gift from my girlfriend so I went for a more powerfull unit) I have my first band shoot coming up and we will be doing location shots of the band, due to this I may get another sb-600.

Anyway though I find getting things when they are necessitated works best for me. Yeah I could go out and buy a 300mm lens but honestly I have not found many times when I feel I need a longer lens. Shoot for at least a couple months and then go to the store.

shoot.... shoot.... SHOOOT!

In my opinion, you already have everything you need to start learning.

You'll know what else you need in due time. Many of us started out with a WHOLE lot less.

A tripod or, monopod. THen an SB600 if you are on a budget or, SB800 if you arent.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back