Which camera and lens

karllea

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I have £1000 and would like to buy decent camera. I know that this is a common blanket question and the answer is normally 'the lens is the most important', however I've been looking at the Canon 60D vs. 7D.....any suggestions??

What are your uses for the camera? What do you intend to do down the road? Are you wanting just a GOOD camera to use, or do you want to seriously learn about photography? Do you have designs to work up to professional?

I should have really added my intentions. I have a very keen interest in photography. In fact went to college and got a diploma, never used it, joined the 9-5 rat race :( in the 15 years since then everything has gone digital. I'm looking at now doing photo's of babys/children, studio portraiture and landscapes. Have a Sony Nex-3 that I will sell and add to the £1000 pot. Cheers.

In that case I'd go for the 7D. You are professional minded and you will want this camera to hold you through your refresher time into professional level work. The 60D will do that, but the 7D is a bit more robust, better build, better focus system, etc.

Are you saying that with the sale you'll have £2000? I'd buy the 7D with the 24-70 f/2.8 and the 580EX II Speedlite.

For portrait and landscapes I'd seriously consider a 5D original (second hand/reconditioned). Should be copies around the rough same price point as the 7D and the bonus is it gives you that 35mm angle of view to work with.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back