Polarizer for Rolleiflex camera

csholl66

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi,
So, I've been trying to use a polarizer (Rolleipol) on my Rolleiflex automat medium format camera bay 1. I notice you can't use a lens hood when using this, nothing fits over the lens. Does anyone know why this may be?

Hi,
So, I've been trying to use a polarizer (Rolleipol) on my Rolleiflex automat medium format camera bay 1. I notice you can't use a lens hood when using this, nothing fits over the lens. Does anyone know why this may be?
If the polarizer has no fitting for a hood, it could be because the polarizer was not intended to be fitted with a hood.

If the polarizer has no fitting for a hood, it could be because the polarizer was not intended to be fitted with a hood.
That would only indicate poor design. A Hood will help considerably to reduce glare on the filter!

Most modern filters have a female filter thread on the front which allows a hood to be screwed on. Older series filters can have push on hoods, but the correct version of these are hard to identify..

If you measure the outer diameter of the filter you can probably get a screw on hood that is just just slightly larger & create a paper shim to make up the difference.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back