Which camera do you recommend?

aElin

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm having a hard time deciding right now. I owned a Nikon D40 some time ago, for a short period, didn't ever get into all the settings and possibilities of a DSLR, so I sold it (because of the size, I didn't bring it with me very often). Now, I do need a camera to compliment my dear Holga. I want the very best quality I can get from a compact camera, but it should also be user friendly, have good build quality, decent battery life, have VERY nice automatic settings/preset modes in addition to some manual options.
It's tied between three cameras:

Canon G10 (I like the look and the screen - and allegedly the better IQ)
Lumix LX3 (I like the look, the size, the UI and the intelligent auto-mode)
Lumix TZ7/SZ3 (I like the video quality (and I guess the UI is similar to LX3's))

I've heard the IQ is supposed to be very nice on every one, the G10 maybe superior in daylight and the LX3 in low-light conditions. How does the TZ7 compare with the other two?

I know I can get information and two-camera-comparisons elsewhere on the net, but I'm asking anyway, hoping that some of you may have a good advice for me. Which camera do you think is the best for me? Is the video quality on the TZ7 worth the poorer IQ (if that is the case)? I know it would be a darn nice feature to have ...

Some additional info: I will use my camera almost daily, on field trips, for scientific projects, in family gatherings, for capturing the trivial moments, as well as some art photography-projects. I do edit my photos sometimes, and I will print them - it would be nice to be able to enlarge up to 15"x20", but I don't want the MPs to make my photos noisy.

A big hug to you if you find some time to answer my questions! :)

aElin

Last edited:
Get the "Lumix LX3 (I like the look, the size, the UI and the intelligent auto-mode)"

Most reactions

New Topics

Back