Which Camera should i use?

jonahr

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I will be attending Maine Media Workshops this summer. I currently have a Nikon FG, but my uncle is giving me a Nikon F2. Which is a better camera and what are the attributes of each?
I was thinking of bringing both so i could have two different film speeds at one time. Any other possible uses for two cameras?

Yeah, i considered that, i'm not really much into color, other than my holga, and the course i'm taking is black and white only.

thanks for the suggestion though.

Do you know anything about the cameras?

I love the F2, it is my favorite camera. Totally manual, great viewfinder, interchangable focusing screen. You can remove the lightmeter/prism and view the focusing screen as a waistlevel viewfinder.
...Terry

The F2 is a beautifully engineered, classic camera from Nikon which will accept almost all Nikkor lenses; the FG will only accept Ai (Aperture indexing) lenses but is no less a camera for that.
The FG has more automation with aperture priority-auto and P (program modes) whereas the F2 will make you think more!
I would love a nice F2 to complement my FM2N and F3HP's.
Neither is 'better', although the Nikon purist might argue that the fully manual F2 has the edge!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back