Which card shoul I buy???

di48lo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi. I have an Olympus C725 UZ. I had a 128 XD card and after a year it sends an error (132F). Luckily the store where I bought the card will replace it to a new one. My question is, should I buy a 512 card or two 256? Does these errors hapen often? What should I do to avoud these errors? Can I store other files than pictures?

Thanks for your help!!!

Two cards means that if you lose one you still have another and if one fails you have a back-up. But, two cards means that you have one floating around loose all the time and you can't fill it up with a 512mb file (movie?).

First things first though, check your manual. It's possible your camera won't take cards that are 512mb. Some older ones don't go above 128mb.

Thanks for the tips.
My camera can take 512mb cards. But I think I will buy two 256. My camera can't take longer movies than 16 seconds :thumbdown: . I want to know that storing other files on the card while taking some pictures, than copying more files to it and so on has some bad effects on the card?

Thanks.

di48lo said:
Thanks for the tips.
My camera can take 512mb cards. But I think I will buy two 256. My camera can't take longer movies than 16 seconds :thumbdown: . I want to know that storing other files on the card while taking some pictures, than copying more files to it and so on has some bad effects on the card?

Thanks.

Storing other files on it shouldn't have any problems. However, that depends on variables that we can't really know, such as how your camera would react (it would probably ignore them unless you started putting other photos in the directories that new photos are being stored in), and as long as you don't upload a virus or something bad like that.

Memory cards face a greater risk of physical damage than anything else, so owning duplicates may not be that bad of a thing just in case, although it's more likely that the one not in the camera will be damaged since you're more likely to leave it lying around or in extreme temperatures.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back