David_low

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
david-low.smugmug.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi,

I’m not asking for critique on composition but instead I’m seeking your opinion which colour looks more natural (be it from a calibrated LCD or otherwise).

I have 2 laptops but both gave me different colour rendition. I post here 4 sets of pictures 1,2,3,4 from laptop A and 1a,2a,3a,4a from laptop B. I humbly ask your opinion which laptop appears to you more natural to you. If you think it’s a mixture set, do also let me know.

The downside of comparing these pictures is if you are viewing from the same screen (say a calibrated one), then the other set will appear unnatural and vice versa. So its best to view in 2 different sets of laptop (a calibrated against a non calibrated). LOL, many many conditions.

I also appreciate your comments (if any) on why you prefer that particular set.

Thank you so much.

(1)
983800923_PStqe-M.jpg

(1a)
983809864_CU4kG-M.jpg

(2)
983800977_EtSry-L.jpg

(2a)
983809881_AkMjf-L.jpg

(3)
983801152_da6au-O.jpg

(3a)
983809917_xeqXV-O.jpg

(4)
983801110_n8zVS-M.jpg

(4a)

983809950_5roxA-M.jpg

I prefer the first image in each of the pairs.

Yes, in the color photos, the neutrals are polluted with yellow-green. Way too much yellow-green in the second shots of the two girls, the swans,and the people at the benches. In the monochrome photo of the man with the cigarette, the top photo has a cold, purple-ish-blueish color, while the second shot of him has a brownish, sepia-like look to it.

Thank you guys so much for your input.

I noticed older laptop (mine was 3 yr old or around that time), the LCD seems to incline on the bluish hue whereas the new computer these days (16:9 format) has definitely more yellow hue.

I would expect a new computer should be accurately calibrated from the factory but doesn't seems so. Any explanation for that?

Yes, in the color photos, the neutrals are polluted with yellow-green. Way too much yellow-green in the second shots of the two girls, the swans,and the people at the benches. In the monochrome photo of the man with the cigarette, the top photo has a cold, purple-ish-blueish color, while the second shot of him has a brownish, sepia-like look to it.

Thanks Derrel,

#2 certainly looks bluish. I'd pefer something in betwenn #2 and #2a.

Most reactions

Back