Which crop?

Looks good, but I think I want the bottom in a bit of shadow to highlight the silhouette against the sky. I’ll change my mind a hundred times before I print it!

I do like #3. Beautiful pic.

I don't care which one you choose...I just want to see what it looks like printed on metal;)

I like #1 best too Sharon. I don't see any difference between #2 and #3.

This is one of my favorites from the other day's sunrise shoot and I think I want to have it printed on metal. Can't decide on the crop. I like the vertical because it shows off the silhouette of the lupine but I hate to crop out any of the gorgeous sky. Thoughts? Suggestions? Feel free to give it a go. I'll include the original uncropped file at the end.
Lupine silhouette at sunrise by SharonCat..., on Flickr

_CAT4299-4 by SharonCat..., on Flickr

_CAT4299-4 by SharonCat..., on Flickr

uncropped
_CAT4299-5 by SharonCat..., on Flickr
Vertical crop for me.

I went a somewhat different direction in making the foreground the center of interest to compliment the sky...Did a slight crop for emphasis and did some serious masking for color balance and brightness/contrast...but as others have said, and I say as well...it's just another eye's view.

sq2.jpg

It's still a little oversaturated for my tastes but a good start in editing...might want to open up a half stop next time if you want a full silhouette

Most reactions

New Topics

Back