Which do you prefer?

That One Guy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I took this picture of my lens cap. I know it's a bit out of focus,but which one looks better?

Color:
2339707166_092a522ec8_o.jpg

or

Black and white:
2339707166_092a522ec8_o.jpg

c&c welcome

Haha. I must say I like your sense of humor. Your "nude photography" joke in another thread made me giggle.

i think both pictures are perfect!

im having a hard time deciding which one i like better, but i think im going to have to agree with MissMia.

color!

Hmmm. Tough one!
I think I go for the colour version, though, and that looks a bit sharper, too. You somehow focussed better on the centre of your lens cap there!

You might consider doing your color conversions using a channel mixer technique. It looks like, from the low dynamic range, that you have simply 'desaturated' your image and that is bad from a technical, not merely an esthetic, consideration.

Also your horizon is off about .8 degrees and I don't like the obvious PSing.

I'm going to go against the flow here and vote for the black and white. Something about it just....speaks to me. Well done!

Have you tried HDR on the colour version? I am sure that would make for a better picture. Also consider IR next time.

In looking back at these, your logo really catches my eye. Perhaps reduce it.

I added a little vignetting and some grain effects.

grainykj7.jpg

Traveler, the post-processing is a bit too obivous in your version. Also, a tighter crop would look better.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back