which do you think looks better?

Chewbecca

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Took this shot of my son while walking him to school this morning.
Which do you think looks better?
2929861602_965cc58e61_b.jpg

Or:

2930089128_6912caee6d_b.jpg

Oh! And I already know that the sun blew out the back of his hoodie.
And I forgot to mention, see, sometimes I'm not so bright, and I forgot I left my D300 on "Vivid" which tends to make skin tones look too magenta-y.
What do you think?
Thanks!

Last edited:
Your son and I are both strikingly handsome....

I prefer the unedited shot #1.... just IMO but I like the original skin tone better... plus you took out the bags under his eyes.... maybe a little too much smoothing.... he's not 90 ya know...

Your son and I are both strikingly handsome....

I prefer the unedited shot #1.... just IMO but I like the original skin tone better... plus you took out the bags under his eyes.... maybe a little too much smoothing.... he's not 90 ya know...

hahahahaha. Man, sometimes PP work, well, I just get carried away. I start working on a little something, then all of a sudden I take it just too far and then I've got myself backed into this "MUST DO MORE PP" corner that I cannot get out of.

I thought I got kind of carried away with the eyes, but it's not so much the bags under the eyes that bother me, it's the fact that they're so pink.
But I couldn't get rid of that pink. So, then I just got carried away with the healing tool.

And you don't think his skin looks too...magenta-y?

And thanks for the compliment.:mrgreen:

Agreed! First one is best!

If you want to reduce the impact of the "bags" under his eyes rather than eliminate it, you can take a softbrush and dodge them a little (on midtone, maybe shadow).

Did you do any other smoothing to his face? I just find that everything is very smooth and soft, and that draws my eye to the texture of his hood (by his neck). Nothing wrong, just a note :)

Agreed! First one is best!

If you want to reduce the impact of the "bags" under his eyes rather than eliminate it, you can take a softbrush and dodge them a little (on midtone, maybe shadow).

Did you do any other smoothing to his face? I just find that everything is very smooth and soft, and that draws my eye to the texture of his hood (by his neck). Nothing wrong, just a note :)

The only thing I did was "heal" under his eyes. I didn't do any other smoothing to his face.
His face just looked awfully magenta-y to me and the color of under his eyes bothered me a bit.
I tried dodging it, but it didn't come out right for me.:(

I am with everyone else i am going with number 1, i think he looks more real in it. Nice Shot..........

Most reactions

Back