which dslr

rik

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I am looking at buying a dslr. I have been looking at the cannon rebel, or 10D, and also the nikon D100, or posibly waiting for the D70.

I have no expirience to speak of, and would like to buy something that I will be able to use for years to come.

Are there other models that I should be considering, and What are IYHO the pros and cons of each.

any input would be helpful

thanks
rik

Gotta jump in sometime. It's a lot like computers...you shouldn't keep waiting for that "pinnacle" because they keep evolving. At this point, for the price range you're looking at, any of them would be a good choice. So now, it's just a matter of picking each of them apart and deciding what features of the models will suit you best or tickle your fancy the most. ;-)

Sorry for such a vague answer....short on time!

both the Nikon D70 and the Canon Digital Rebel (300D) are entry level DSLR's if you already know your way around a SLR, you would know all these options fairly easily, but you may get frustrated by the limitations by these cameras. I suggest going with the 10D or even the D100, there is a steeper learning curve but it is well worth the options you get with either of the two advanced DSLR's

Most reactions

Back