Which editing software ?

jamesd1981

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi everyone, looking for some feedback on the best editing software.

At the moment I use Corel paintshop pro x6 and considering upgrading to either x7 or Adobe elements or lightroom ?

IMO, the BEST is Adobe's $10/month Lightroom and Photoshop CC bundle. Corel's software is good, but it's not quite Photoshop good, and while Lightroom is an outstanding application with which to catalogue your images and do raw conversion, because it lacks things like layers, detailed selection tools, and some of the other, more sophisticated tools of Photoshop, it's not a stand-alone application.

Lightroom is pretty easy to use for basic, regular photo adjusting, cropping, and creating usable files for printing or web display, and for uploading DIRECTLY to web galleries.

As Tirediron mentioned, it's currently at $10 a month for LR 5 and Photoshop CC...a good value!

Lightroom is pretty easy to use for basic, regular photo adjusting, cropping, and creating usable files for printing or web display, and for uploading DIRECTLY to web galleries.

As Tirediron mentioned, it's currently at $10 a month for LR 5 and Photoshop CC...a good value!
Shocked_smiley.gif

em27.gif

Okay, that's it!!

Who in the name of diamond-encrusted platinum Leicas are you, and what have you done with the real Derrel??!!
Speak up, man!! We have ways of making you talk!!! :whip:

Last edited:
Thank you all for the advice, I am not a fan of any on going subscription type deals, I downloaded the lightroom trial and very much like it over my current paintshop pro, so will be going for the full version of lightroom.

The trial is the full version of LR.

LR does not have the selection tools and tool options that Elements has, so you'll need to use PSP for most of your restoration work.

The trial is the full version of LR.

LR does not have the selection tools and tool options that Elements has, so you'll need to use PSP for most of your restoration work.

Yes I know the trial has all the features, I meant to buy the fully activated version

The full blown CS6 used to be like $600 or more and LR 5 is like $150. So if you calculate $10 a month, that's $120 annually, so that's like keeping CS6 and LR5 for over 6 years. The kicker is that with CC, you get all the new upgrades when they are released and you don't have to go back and buy the upgrade.

Paying $120 annually isn't that bad of a deal. Well to me that is.

The thing about the 10$ a month deal is you can use both products and see how you like them. You can stop at any time so take 2 or 3 months and then make up your mind about the deal.
So many folks really like Lightroom and that's great but personally I just don't like it. I find Bridge does all I need and then Camera Raw and Photoshop handle any and all photo manipulations that I need or want.

Lightroom pretty easy to use and best if it used for mass color and exposure editing. But lacks from little things like layers, detailed selection tools and some other too.

" As Tirediron mentioned, it's currently at $10 a month for LR 5 and Photoshop CC...a good value! "

It's a pity Corel stubbornly keeps its premier editing software wrapped up with its DRAW program. I've been using it since '91. It's still a less expensive option if you want to give PHOTO-PAINT a try. A powerful program.

Most reactions

Back