Which flash to purchase for large scale photography ?

amitbhatt

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.bundleofjoy.co.in
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My principle hobby is full scale photography. As of now I am working mostly with persistent lighting, yet confronting the downside of movement obscure because of lacking light and moderate shade speed. The on camera streak when utilized, throws a shadow over the subject since I am utilizing expansion tubes and turn around lens with my 18-55mm pack lens and the working separation from the subject is short (normally 2-3 cm).

Thus, I need to go for an off camera streak. Presently, I have begun to see different accessible glimmer models accessible in the business sector and it has just added to my perplexity. Whether to go for a TTL one or manual one, Which guide number is better for this kind of utilization and will this glimmer have the capacity to take care of my issue of movement obscure are a questions' percentage that are striking a chord.

Would somebody be able to please assist me with sorting this out...My spending plan is 5000rs at the most.

Some of your terms and phrasing might be unfamiliar to US readers.
I think your questions are:

I usually use continuous lights for standrd full size photography but these are not satisfactory for macro photography.
I am using an 18-55 lens mounted in reverse with expansion tubes.
My on-camera flash throws a shadow when shooting at 2-3 cm working distance and I want to switch to off-camera flash. There are many different flashes available and the variety is confusing to me.
  • Can you suggest a flash for use in making macro shots for about $80?
  • Would TTL metering or manual be better?
  • Approximately what guide number would be best?
I hope you get some help and answers you can use.

Last edited:
An inexpensive flashgun will probably not have TTL as an option, unless you are very lucky to find one. Also purchase an inexpensive flash bracket and a cable to connect the flash to your camera. I have not priced this kit, so I have attached a video that shows you how to configure the set for photographing insects.

I think a TTL flash unit, a small flash mounting bracket, and a one-meter TTL connecting cord to connect to the hot shoe of the camera would make a nice setup. I would think that a flash like the Neewer brand 750 model would have ample power.

Shooting flash photos with the camera lens only two to three centimeters from the subject matter makes lighting somewhat tricky.

My principle hobby is full scale photography. As of now I am working mostly with persistent lighting, yet confronting the downside of movement obscure because of lacking light and moderate shade speed. The on camera streak when utilized, throws a shadow over the subject since I am utilizing expansion tubes and turn around lens with my 18-55mm pack lens and the working separation from the subject is short (normally 2-3 cm).

Thus, I need to go for an off camera streak. Presently, I have begun to see different accessible glimmer models accessible in the business sector and it has just added to my perplexity. Whether to go for a TTL one or manual one, Which guide number is better for this kind of utilization and will this glimmer have the capacity to take care of my issue of movement obscure are a questions' percentage that are striking a chord.

Would somebody be able to please assist me with sorting this out...My spending plan is 5000rs at the most.

get the TTL flash, the yongnuo ETTL flashes are only around $50

get the TTL flash, the yongnuo ETTL flashes are only around $50
thnks for your advise , now i buy this for better photographs

I think a TTL flash unit, a small flash mounting bracket, and a one-meter TTL connecting cord to connect to the hot shoe of the camera would make a nice setup. I would think that a flash like the Neewer brand 750 model would have ample power.

Shooting flash photos with the camera lens only two to three centimeters from the subject matter makes lighting somewhat tricky.
I've done super closeups of flowers with flash. I've had to hand hold the flash below the lens to get the lighting that I wanted - radio triggered. Otherwise the lens could create a shadow from the flash, or you could get shadows if the angle of the flash's light is too much of an angle. At least that is what worked best for me, no pro here.

Some of your terms and phrasing might be unfamiliar to US readers.
I think your questions are:

I usually use continuous lights for standrd full size photography but these are not satisfactory for macro photography.
I am using an 18-55 lens mounted in reverse with expansion tubes.
My on-camera flash throws a shadow when shooting at 2-3 cm working distance and I want to switch to off-camera flash. There are many different flashes available and the variety is confusing to me.
  • Can you suggest a flash for use in making macro shots for about $80?
  • Would TTL metering or manual be better?
  • Approximately what guide number would be best?
I hope you get some help and answers you can use.
To be honest, I was completely lost trying to figure out what OP said until I saw your post.

For taking close up photos, personally I do not think you need TTL nor larger Guide number flash. I think manual flash and camera settings is better especially for consistency and/or if you modify the light (diffuse the light).

The easier way to do is get a radio trigger to trigger the flash manually. Especially if the subject is only 2-3 cm away from the front element of the lens. The flash may need to mount off the camera. Of course, if you can modify the flash and direct the light to the front of the lens then you can still mount the flash on the camera hot shoe. (search macro light cereal box may yield some result).

@Dao
For taking close up photos, personally I do not think you need TTL nor larger Guide number flash. I think manual flash and camera settings is better especially for consistency and/or if you modify the light (diffuse the light).

The easier way to do is get a radio trigger to trigger the flash manually. Especially if the subject is only 2-3 cm away from the front element of the lens. The flash may need to mount off the camera. Of course, if you can modify the flash and direct the light to the front of the lens then you can still mount the flash on the camera hot shoe. (search macro light cereal box may yield some result).
thnx @Dao your kind information i think you are rite ...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back