Which flashgun for Canon 7d?

eshban

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello

I am user of Canon 7d and now I am willing to purchase a flash gun. I am interested in two models

1) Canon 580EXII
2) Canon 430 EXII

I mostly do fashion shoots (studio and outdoor) and some weddings. Both flashes are in my budget.

So kindly tell me that which flash gun is best for me because after purchasing I do not want to update my equipment soon,

Thanks

580EX II. More power, better build and the ability to use it off camera wirelessly with the 7D and as a commander for any subsequent flashes.

Yes. It's just not a Master. Only a slave

I have the 580 EX-II, and think it's an excellent investment. It is Canon's top flash...buy once, buy right...

If you are using this for weddings the chances are you are going to add another flash gun or even two down the line. You'll then need your primary to be a Master, controlling the others... Plus it's so much better build and power. It's SO worth the extra $. It's also heavier, so if weight is an issue... that changes a LOT of women's minds. I am not so sure it SHOULD change their minds, but...

580EXII all the way! Since you say you have the budget, this is a no brainer. Buy the best and you'll only have to buy once.

Sent from my iPhone using PhotoForum

yipDog said:
580EXII all the way! Since you say you have the budget, this is a no brainer. Buy the best and you'll only have to buy once. (until you want a second one!!)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back