Which head for Manfrotto 055MF3 Magfiber?

Lightsped

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Which head would work best for a Manfrotto 055MF3 Magfiber tripod? I would like to stay on a budget. The maximum weight the tripod would need to support would be a D800 with 70-200mm f2.8 lens (near future I plan to get the 200-500mm f5.6 lens). I would like the head to be simple. I don't need anything complicated or expensive. I also would like to use the quick release plates I currently use. I believe they are called RC2 plates. I will post links belelow:

Current tripod is: http://www.amazon.com/Manfrotto-055...ithout/dp/B00091SBU6/ref=cm_lmf_tit_4_rlrsrs0

Current quick release plate is: MeFOTO Quick Release Plates - Arca Swiss Style QR Plates (the 37x50mm Arca swiss plate)

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
First, I would go with something that is Arca Swiss compatible and ditch the RC2 plates. Second, what is your budget?

Well......you could go with a Sirui K10x at $114 (just over your budget) or the old style G10x for $98. Adorama used to have their own "Flashpoint" branded ball heads, but I think they've been replaced by the ThreePod. Right now the 3Pod H5 is on sale for $80 (supposedly almost 50% off).

Most reactions

New Topics

Back