What's new

Which image embodies symmetry more? C&C please

Joined
Jul 2, 2012
Messages
1,669
Reaction score
1,779
Location
talbot victoria australia
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Which one would you choose... I am leaning towards the roof pic more than the stairs
 

Attachments

  • $Rail-Roof.webp
    $Rail-Roof.webp
    330.3 KB · Views: 137
  • $Shadow-Stairs.webp
    $Shadow-Stairs.webp
    216.2 KB · Views: 134
If your sole goal is to demonstrate symmetry, it's #1 for sure, because there is nothing really symmetric about the second one. I don't see a plane of symmetry anywhere. However, the second is a much more interesting image.
 
thank you .. the second one I was thinking along the lines of the nautilus shell which is used alot to demonstrate symmetry


Hmmm.... The nautilus shell is not used to demonstrate symmetry, but rather mathematical/geometric progression. The first shot demonstrates symmetry, and along with that, the break in symmetry as well.
 
They both demonstrate symmetry, however two different types. The first photo here demonstrates "reflective symmetry", while the second demonstrates "radial symmetry".
 
I like the first for its pleasing colors and symmetry... the second looks somber and attractive in its own way :D
 
They both demonstrate symmetry, however two different types. The first photo here demonstrates "reflective symmetry", while the second demonstrates "radial symmetry".
thanks Rokvi ..that is what i thought:) maybe it should have been taken more to the right so that the steps decreased more is size?
 
I like the first for its pleasing colors and symmetry... the second looks somber and attractive in its own way :D
I like the first because of the repeating patterns....but it looked a little boring...how could I have made it more pleasing to the eye?
 
Of course! But u first have to sign up if u want to get that box! I absolutely love the site, their video tutorials helped me massively to understand photography
 
Well..first of all the second shot is symmetry=0.0...LOL! But I like the composition..very interesting to look at...nice story...good mood...friggin love this picture. The first one is symmetry=1.0...and is a great image. I can't tell if there is some HDR in there...hard to see on my screen. Either way great shot.!!f
 
Well..first of all the second shot is symmetry=0.0...LOL! But I like the composition..very interesting to look at...nice story...good mood...friggin love this picture. The first one is symmetry=1.0...and is a great image. I can't tell if there is some HDR in there...hard to see on my screen. Either way great shot.!!f

Thanks Charlie.... the place I shot this at smelt like pee... but you can't show that in a pic:P
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom