What's new

Which is the best DSLR

ByronKirk

TPF Noob!
Joined
Apr 30, 2011
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Location
Nottingham
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi guys
I was wandering if you could help me find a good affordable DSLR to update from my current NIKON D90??
Any help would be much appreciated


also take a look at my photos, I promise they wont bite

www.byronkirk.com
 
Why you want to upgrade? Did you find any limitations with your current camera?

Once you know the answers, you maybe able to locate the right camera that overcome the limitations.
 
It's usually the one that's juuuuust out of one's price range!!
 
Which is the best DSLR?
There is no such thing. If there truly was one 'best' camera, then it would be the only one manufactured and sold as no one would buy anything else.

Questions like this still astound me that they are even asked. What is the best lens? What is the best PP software? What is the best tripod, filter, monitor, camera bag, third-party battery, printer, sports car, roofing shingle, hair dryer, circuit breaker ..... ad infinitum ad nauseum.

There is, however, a 'best' camera........ for the OP. All you need to do is make a list of features you require/desire, find the model in each brand that fits those needs/desires, compare them all for quality. Remove any from your list that do not pass muster and buy the cheapest if you narrow it down to 2 or more.
 
Questions like this still astound me that they are even asked.

Sig spam.

The OP has outgrown a D90 yet offers no insight into how or why etc.

Another 'dilemma' I read on here this morning, where a poster repeatedly plugs the merits of a Sony DSLR, ignores subsequent responses, while posturing as being open to suggestions. I've noticed from reading TPF over time more than a bit of this comes from new sign-ups who give 'Canada' or 'Ontario' as their location.
 
I've noticed from reading TPF over time more than a bit of this comes from new sign-ups who give 'Canada' or 'Ontario' as their location.
As much as I would like to agree about people from Ontario, I don't think it has anything to do with the location (although I'm guess you have some kind of grudge against Canadians). I think it has more to do with the "pros" attitude here towards amateurs and the Am getting tired of taking **** when asking for simple advice
 
That's my reason for putting the locations in speech marks. It's what I've observed recently..those locations, real or randomly assumed. Actually, the DSLR thread I mentioned now seems to be moving in the direction of a Canon decision so I take that back.
 
Well, Nikon's D90 is officially out of production, and all they are doing right now is clearing the channel of inventory. At this current date, the Nikon D7000 is your next newer,better-sensored camera, with a higher-specified body in several metrics. If you need a newer, better camera to replace a D90, today, buy a D7000. otherwise, wait until the D90's replacement comes out. WHo knows when that will be, given the terrible difficulties the Japanese are having with electricity and parts and roadways and all due to the tsunami's devastation.
 
(although I'm guess you have some kind of grudge against Canadians).

No, you see that's your own bigotry coming through. I have seen numerous plug posts from new sign-ups on TPF in recent months with the common identifier - location: Canada and more often location: Ontario. I'm not going to trawl through and find them to attempt to satisfy you. I don't honestly care whether you accept it or not. It could be anywhere, it's not the point.
 
For what you want to do a D700 or D3
 
Well, Nikon's D90 is officially out of production, and all they are doing right now is clearing the channel of inventory. At this current date, the Nikon D7000 is your next newer,better-sensored camera, with a higher-specified body in several metrics. If you need a newer, better camera to replace a D90, today, buy a D7000. otherwise, wait until the D90's replacement comes out. WHo knows when that will be, given the terrible difficulties the Japanese are having with electricity and parts and roadways and all due to the tsunami's devastation.
Since when is the D7000 not the D90's replacement? Am I missing something here?
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom