Which "L" Lens for my wife??

Thank you for the compliments. I also think she is very talented but im sure the positive reinforcement means more to her coming from fellow photographers. I read her your two very nice comments but I told her she is not allowed to look on here until after Christmas so she wont find out (for sure at least) what im getting her. She is definitely excited to get involved on this forum and is glad I found it.
Ive decided to get her a filter for her lens. can anyone recommend one that is "L" quality?

ok, so i have done some further research and used the search function on this forum, and found two companies that seem to be popular for filters. Hoya, and B+H. B+H has a substantial price increase form Hoya filters. is this price increase warranted? Are these companies producing "L" quality glass? Should i pop for a $70+ dollar filter or just buy her more lens cleaning paper and tell her to "be very very careful"? Any pro advice would help. Thanks!

I use the Hoya & twist it off at night or in studio. -Shea

P.S. Give her the filter first!,... then the case,... (just in case baby..) looking for something? Pulls out naked lens.

so is the general consensus that a filter should be used at least for protection purposes (on expensive glass) And that a hoya filter wont noticeably diminish the quality of the lens?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back