Which Lens and settings?

@astroNikon I used Windows 7 properties right click on image then click on the Details tab.
Interesting.
My Windows 8.1 shows nothing in the Details tab even after I "unblocked" it. ... oh well
image-properties.jpg

Last edited:
I had a feeling about posting other people's photos, that's why I stated that it wasn't mine, just in case. I know for next time!

No problems; I've removed the hosted image from your post; but you are free to edit-in a link to the image on the original website if you so desire. We generally operate the rule that you can link to; but cannot host on the gallery/forum nor embed images that are not your own into posts on the site. This is partly respecting other individuals copyright and also helping ensure that what photos are shown are taken by the person showing them* so it aids clarity on the site.

I know filters could add to the "dreamy" look, but I don't use filters and I keep reading they aren't really recommended.

Filters, especially low grade ones, can degrade your photo. However if the filter lets you get an effect that you otherwise could not get then the trade-off is generally considered acceptable; though one should always aim for good quality filters not cheap ones.
Dirt cheap filters or those really cheap filter kits wil degrade optical performance and I've even read of where some will affect auto-focus control.

High grade filters can have little visible impact in a meaningful way to image quality. Some, like circular polarizers can remove things (in that filters case reflections off non-metallic surfaces) which can be otherwise impossible to get even with photoshop**. Others like neutral density filters can let you drag out longer shutter speeds in situations where, again, it might be impractical or impossible to otherwise attain.

There are effect filters that can do other things as well; some of these are, again, hard to reproduce in editing whilst others are superfluous in the modern age.

* we generally make some allowances in the "off topic" section and when people post things such as "meme" images or the like which are clearly not theirs. We also make an exception for when people post photos that their kids/family have taken (though we always encourage them to have their family member sign up with their own account on-site.
** granted photoshop can do most things given time and skill; thus impossible tends to mean, in this context, that its simply very impractical for most intents and purposes

Most reactions

New Topics

Back