Which lens from your set gets mostly used ?

I would say it's 50/50 between

35mm 1.8G
&
50mm 1.8D

I do use my kit lens a bit still though. Mainly to shoot landscapes if I need to go wider. Alot the landscapes I shoot now are panos anyway, so i tend to use the 50mm 1.8D and then combine tiles in post.

All of them....
And I have a few....
but to justify it I will pick one and use it all day
that is my rule and I stick to it most times

the only time that changes is if I am after a specific shot

I enjoy walking around the city and taking photos of buildings and a bunch of random things, so the good ol' 24 - 70mm does the trick and gets used the most, followed by a 14 - 24mm (for the nearby, extra-tall buildings/skyscrapers).

The Canon EF 24-105mm f/4 L IS USM is my walk-around/go-to lens and gets more use than any other for general photography. The rest of my lenses are used for more specific purposes; Macro, wide, tele, portrait, etc.

At home my 100-400L pretty much stays on the camera because of the random wildlife moments that pop up. Out and about my 18-200 goes on and on calm days I hunt bugs with my old FD mount 50mm but as soon as I'm done the 100-400L goes back on and is rarely out of reach at all times juuuuust in case....

Sigma 150 - 500, except this week. I loaned it to a friend who is going up the coast to photograph grizzlies. Maybe I'll finally give macro a serious try.

Lately it's been my 180 2.8 ED Ai. A couple of years ago I picked up an 80-200 ED AF-D, and the 180 got set aside. A few weeks ago I pulled it out and took it out with the F4, and fell back in love with it: smaller (about 3/4 the length), and probably the quickest/easiest to focus of any lens I own. And sharp? O yeah, it's sharp.

This _really_ depends on what I'm shooting.

My 24-70 2.8 lives on the body. Regardless of what lens I was shooting with during the day, when the camera goes back in the bag, that's the lens that goes back on.
If I'm walking about I usually have the 24-70 and am carrying the 70-200 with me. Sometimes I'll just switch to the 70-200 for a day of outdoor shooting. I can't shoot anything particularly close but I love the angle of view.

Those two above get used about 90% of the time.

I have other lenses and for certain uses they are THE lenses I reach for (e.g. macro, ultra-wide angle, tilt-shift, telephoto primes), but I don't use them for general use. Sometimes I'll grab one and go to a place I've shot before... but shooting it with a completely different lens (which completely changes your perspective on what you're looking for.)

Practically the same as Tim,

28-70 f/2.8 is almost always mounted with the 70-200 f/2.8 close at hand. Other zooms and primes as needed. My 'go bag' is D700 with 28-70 mounted, 70-200, 50 1.8, Kenko x1.4 TC and SB800.

Nikon 70-300 VR, it has become my go to lens over the past 6 years. I have a number of other lens but it seems to be the one that I prefer.

like it was said before, depends on the job... but in general I would say
Canon 24-105mm F4 L USM IS
Canon 70-200mm F2.8L USM

Most reactions

New Topics

Back