which lens shall i get, 16-35mm f2.8,17-50mm or 10-22MM

MH_91

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey guys,

So which lens you would recommend? i mostly do E-shoots, weddings, boudoir. nothing outside of this range.

1. Canon, 16-35mm 2.8 the the first version
2. Canon, 17-50 2.8
3. Canon 10-22 3.5-4.5

My camera is 40D so its a cropped sensor. Also, if you have some samples that was taken with this lens, that would be greatly appercaited!

Thanks in advance!

Out of those three for wedding work or anything involving people, the 17-50 will be by far the most flexible if used as a sole lens.

A 10-22 can not be used for any kind of head shot for a start and will offer wicked distortion which is great for some portrait images where you want the distortion and want to maybe create dramatic full body people or group shots. Otherwise its a pretty pointless lens to be considering for the work you do!

17mm should be as wide as you will need to go for this type of work.

Nikon_Josh said:
Out of those three for wedding work or anything involving people, the 17-50 will be by far the most flexible if used as a sole lens.

A 10-22 can not be used for any kind of head shot for a start and will offer wicked distortion which is great for some portrait images where you want the distortion and want to maybe create dramatic full body people or group shots. Otherwise its a pretty pointless lens to be considering for the work you do!

17mm should be as wide as you will need to go for this type of work.

Am aiming to get a used one. And the 17-55 is very rare in the market! So I found the 16-35mm

What you think about that? Should it do the same magic as the 17-55??

again, i use 40D cropped sensor. and 17-55 is rare in the market. So would think the 13-35 would be a good replacement on cropped for portrait pictures?

Most reactions

Back