What's new

Which lighting is better?

ababysean

TPF Noob!
Joined
Apr 29, 2010
Messages
1,965
Reaction score
103
Location
Pensacola, FL
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
or do they all suck?

The first one I used my flash.
The second one I did not.
The 3rd one, I cant remember... haha

and yes, I'm going to go in and crop out the fruit snack package.... :lol:

1.
11ig2f4.jpg


2.
az7xj5.jpg


3.
1182f60.jpg
 
Last edited:
1st one is the best hands down. No idea though if or how much you did in post processing. Still the skin tones look goo in the first one.

The other just look off, can't put my finger on it. I think you underexposed the subject but the camera metered the whole scene.
 
ok this is what I'm thinking too but I don't want it too look too bright? If I'm saying it correctly>?
Thanks so much.
I did a levels correction in gimp, that is all.
 
The photo's you posted are pretty big and an entire photo can't be seen at one time if someone clicks on the bar at the top.

TPF requests that you resize your images for web viewing. Most people resize to no more than 1024 pixels on the longest side but even that won't show entirely if the longest side is vertical and TPF recommends:

...the photo should already be sized down for forum viewing, no more than 600 pixels high, or 800 wide.

in this sticky thread at the top of the Beginners Forum:

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/...forum-functions-pictoral-guide-using-tpf.html



I prefer the light in #1 over the others but it was a bit to much light. A quick wipe of her mouth would have been nice.

Most cameras have a way to manually set the light output from the built-in strobe light if the right shooting mode is selected, or the shooter can use flash compensation. Your camera manual will cover both of those.

I reduced the exposure just enough to eliminate the little bit of clipping in the red channel, cloned out the fruit drink and the white blob on the right, and resized to 1024 on the long side.

2dj6khd.jpg
 
Last edited:
gosh I've done this before too... I'm sorry.

Let me fix it.
 
:greenpbl: about the mouth...

this was just some random kid at my son's soccer game, so I didnt want to go run up and wash her face!

I was just playing around with flash vs no flash...
 
i think the first one is the best out of them all... ( minus the distraction which you mentioned about cropping..lol)

others are kind of dark.
 
:greenpbl: about the mouth...

this was just some random kid at my son's soccer game, so I didnt want to go run up and wash her face!

I was just playing around with flash vs no flash...
Yep, that would explain that!
 
I dont like how there heads are cut off, and the fruit back is distracting, I like the edit however
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom