What's new

which negative scanner?

tom beard

TPF Noob!
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
175
Reaction score
5
Location
So. Cal mountains east of LA
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am still learning my D-90 and later will probably go with Capture NX2 for post as it's user friendly. In the mean time I have about a thousand frames of 35mm Negative and would like to get a scanner and transfer them to disc and later, pick any good ones for processing on NX2. I presume the dpi number is important (from18,000 up). The prices and dpi numbers (at B&H) vary wildly, and I'm wondering what scanner would hold hands with NX2. I don't want to spend too much as when the negs are all scanned, the scanner is useless and I would rather put the money into glass. What kind of money am I thinking about? Any suggestions?

Thanks as always, Tom Beard
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom