Which of these three is more preferable? C & C appreciated

SecondShot

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've been going back and forth between these three photos I took. I think my problem is that I see redeeming qualities in each of them, so I find it hard to identify my favorite of the three.

1) I like this one because of the action of the ant on the right-hand side. I find it hilarious that this ant is trying to tackle the thistledown. I like the lens flare, and the thistledown, while OOF and blown out, gives an almost ethereal quality.

4825907912_3240bbff1b_b.jpg

2) I like this one because it appears the ant has given up on the thistledown, and is going home down the underside of the flower (btw: does anyone know what this flower is?). The thistledown is a little more defined, but the light seems a little more harsh.

4825910928_18b2c083ee_b.jpg

3) The thistledown is most clear and sharp of the three in this one, yet there is little ant action, as most of the ants that were visible in the previous two are either hidden, on the opposite side of the flower, or have gone back down the stalk. What I like about this one however, is the amount of light that's being refracted off of the thistledown.

4825913462_3300744c1d_b.jpg

So, what do you think? Are all of them crap? Am I off-base? These plants are everywhere around here, I just thought it was a bit of a unique opportunity because there were ants, thistledown (not staged) and great golden hour lighting.

The last one is the best. The light is making both those objects (not sure what the puffy thing is) looking crisp, rather than just the plant. It's kind of highlighting their interaction, or something. :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back