What's new

Which one is better?

kharp

TPF Noob!
Joined
Mar 5, 2012
Messages
65
Reaction score
11
Location
Arkansas
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have these similar shots. I was hoping to get some opinions on which is the best of the three... Thanks in advance. :)

$DSC_0967.webp

$DSC_0970.webp

$DSC_0975.webp
 
I prefer no 1.... But there is soo much grass in front of cars that doesn't really do anything for me personally. I'd have put cars/horizon lower down in the frame. (Google rule of thirds)

Just my opinion and I'm no expert :-)
 
You should have been more creative with the subjects.
 
You could try a 'creative crop'. Make it 16:9 or slimmer for a letterbox or even cinematic look. Doing that should take some attention away from the grass and trees, you might call it 'negative space'.

Number two would be my favourite of the three.

Ta da! Just a thought.

$DSC_0970.webp
 
Yeah I think you've got too much grass and not enough of the cars. Try to make it a little more dynamic. Perhaps stand close to the back end of one and try and get the other two in your shot as well. Get your depth of field going a little. How can I put this? Don't go for the typical photo. Try to get as many different and interesting angles as possible because they usually come out better more often then not. It causes interest in the viewer.

I like three the best though. The way the cars are facing make it look pretty cool.
 
Thanks for the comments. :) I've shot a lot of cars, but not three at once. I have this one too. I wasn't going to show it cause I still don't really like it all that much. I don't usually like camera tilt but I tried it for this one to get the cars to fill the frame a little more. I also cropped it a little and got rid of the water tower. What do you all think?

$all three.webp
 

Attachments

  • $DSC_0971.webp
    $DSC_0971.webp
    1.5 MB · Views: 69
I added the wrong photo the first time and I thought I deleted it but it's showing as an attached thumbnail...
 
I feel like you need to be more creative with the positioning of the cars. The one I like the most is 2 probably because the others have too much space in between cars for this pose. Maybe if you only shot parts of the cars you wouldn't get such wide shots?
 
they look like they are falling off of the side of the world...
 
Use a bit larger aperture to make the background less distracting.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom