Which one should I choose

JoseAlfonso

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hey guys, I am new to photography, and latley it has catched my attention so my parents decided to give me one as present for my graduation from college

they gave me a 400$ budget

so which camera should i pick?

- Sony cybershot 9.1 mega pixel Digital Camera - Black (model DSC-HX1) $399.99

- Nikon Coolpix 12.2 Megapixel Digital Camera - Black(model L110 Black) $279.99

- Sony Alpha a290 (i think its around $400)

- Sony alpha a390 ( the problem with this one is that I have to put 50 bucks of my on money cause ive seen it on $450)

Any suggestions on the topic would be welcome, thanks for your help :D

I may be wrong here but your first 2 pic's are not a dslr type camera they are just a point and shoot. The a series sonys dont look bad but didnt get a chance to read them im at work. But if you are interested in photograpy then if you have to put some money out of your own pocket and get a good quality with all the features you want or are going to want. why buy the same thing 2x? When i bought mine originaly i only wanted it for 1 thing speed. I wanted a camera that would focus and take fast shots and i also knew i wanted a slr so even though i couldent afford it i went out and got a diecent beginer camera. Now that im learing about it im loving it money well spent.

Oh sorry I thought they were jeje, the only prob is that I only get those 400 bucks I live in peru and cameras here are like 100 dollars more than in the states, so money unfortunately is an issue, but i guess I can put 50 more dollars to get a better quality camera, thanks alot, ill choose the sony a390 then :D

Oh sorry I thought they were jeje, the only prob is that I only get those 400 bucks I live in peru and cameras here are like 100 dollars more than in the states, so money unfortunately is an issue, but i guess I can put 50 more dollars to get a better quality camera, thanks alot, ill choose the sony a390 then :D

haha i feel your pain their. I live in northern canada where everything is way more expencive. Not sure how things work over their after christmas but get them to get it for you on boxing day when all the good sales happen. you may be able to get more for your $$ it could be worth the extra day or 2 wait

Most reactions

Back