Which one to go for ?? Minolta or Fujifilm

Revel

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Well, I have decided to go digital and with a tight budget ( you wouldnt belive how tight ) I have narrowed it down to a Minolta Dimage Z5 or Z6 or the Fujifilm S5600. Both are around the same sort of price. What are your views ? Does anyone own any ? They both have good features. Pity you cant mix and match. Does the Fuji have "progressive capture mode "? Thanks anyone

Well Minolta is getting out of the camera business and selling out to Sony....so that might scare me away from buying a Minolta right now. On the other hand...if you can get a good deal...

I too was worried about the warranty aspect, but the sales person said that it looks like Sony will hounour them. Will have to look into that. Anyone use either camera or experience of any?

i am wiht mike on minolta
i personely like nikon if you can do it i would go nikon almost alll the pros i know and have seen use nikon if that means anything

My self I would say Minolta for one the fuji is only 10x opt. Zoom where the Minolta is 12x so a better lens. Not only that but Minolta makes a really nice little camera for the price I have never seen one brake. on the other hand fuji has only been making them for a little wile so if I had to pick I would go with minolta. As for Sony If Sony is buying out Minolta thay hafe to not only take over the company but there warranty info as well. Plus thay will hafe to give you tech help for as long as listing in the info that comes along with the camera. But if you feel real fear over it buy the warranty from the store if it will help you sleep at night.

Im not too bothered about the warrenty, as the store is obligated for a small period of time and the store did say that the problem would be for the store to deal with. I will proberbly get the Minolta as it has the features that I want. Good (ish) review on dpreview so, yep that will do me.

I would go for something a bit more expensive, but as i mentioned im on a tight budget. They have the Z6 for £239 and the Z5 at £199 so its within the range. Can always get a Canon or Nikon later in the year.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back