Which one would you buy? (Wireless Triggers)

wgp1987

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Cowboy Studio has 2 different models to choose from. It doesn't seem that one has a clear advantage over the other. Id like to order one tomorrow but im unsure which to get.

This one was originally recommended to me, this one uses aaa batteries and seems to be smaller in size
CowboyStudio Photography Lighting | Studio Equipment | Studio Accessories

This one looks like its made better but uses a cr2 battery which is less convenient.

What do you think?? Id like to call them but i never have time :/

ill bump in the am when i wake up, i am a fan of reassurance, please let me know what you think!!!

Have you looked at the Cactus V5's? They're pretty new, and Cactus Triggers work pretty well.

Also, what's a CR2 battery? Are you thinking of RAW format?

i have the exact same trigger and receiver through cowboy studio (i personally dont recommend the camera shop bad expereince) i would spend the extra twenty through amazon and get a second trigger. i have tried getting a second receiver of a different kind through cowboy and they never emailed me back saying which receiver it was that would match.

i can say that the trigger is reliable and has never misfired or anything like for me as long as you know you have to use your flashes on manual.. also thanks for the link i have been looking for more receivers and these are right up my budget alley!

an added bonus on my triggers from cowboy studio is that there is an umbrella hole... i am unsure if those other ones have it but a quick email to the camera shop on amazon would answer that.

Have you looked at the Cactus V5's? They're pretty new, and Cactus Triggers work pretty well.

Its a long lasting lithium battery used in things like garage door openers. You should use google

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Cowboy Studio has 2 different models to choose from. It doesn't seem that one has a clear advantage over the other. Id like to order one tomorrow but im unsure which to get.

This one was originally recommended to me, this one uses aaa batteries and seems to be smaller in size

This one looks like its made better but uses a cr2 battery which is less convenient.

What do you think?? Id like to call them but i never have time :/

I believe both items are clone of the Cactus triggers (The famous PT-04 model number) while the one in the first link is a newer model.

But I still think I would rather get the new v5 Cactus.

Take a look at this link
http://www.flickr.com/groups/strobist/discuss/72157625637331217/

Hey Dao, I'm reading that cactus v5 review and I'm already sold on the sync speed. 1/1000 vs 1/320. I'm going to continue reading

Please note that it is also limited by your camera flash sync speed.

For those who has camera like the Nikon D40/D50/D70 can take adv of the higher speed.

Its a long lasting lithium battery used in things like garage door openers. You should use google

SORRY BRO, YOU SHOULD LEARN URBAN PHOTOGRAPHY.

o hey tyler said:
SORRY BRO, YOU SHOULD LEARN URBAN PHOTOGRAPHY.

Lol chillax. I doubt anyone is trying to put anyone else down. Ppl come off rude in forums but may not mean to be and if they are what does it matter? I have a canon 5d mkii and I am fully aware of the cr2 raw format. Cr2 batteries are expensive and scarce so if your at an event and you helper needs to run to the store because someones grandfather didn't pack extra cr2's then ur screwed!! Haha

Dao said:
Please note that it is also limited by your camera flash sync speed.

For those who has camera like the Nikon D40/D50/D70 can take adv of the higher speed.

I have a 5d, I should b good. Although I'm too lazy to look it up

Most reactions

New Topics

Back