What's new

Which one?

I have to say the colour version with more saturation and with a crop off the top for sure and possibly off the bottom also, the sky was not your friend on this day.

The sepia doesn't work for me, for this kind of conversion to really work you need white whites and black blacks in the subject, here your white is the sky and it is doing you no favors, it makes your subject all midtones and not pop.
Thank you PR; it is a sad fact that in most of the scapes i capture, the sky is just empty and white :grumpy:
...and it is treu that the contrasts are strong for a monochrome
'
Regards :D
 
The second one (but cropped closer to the building) because this image, it seems to me, is about shapes and patterns, not about color. I think I'd also boost the highlights a bit.
Thank you KenC; i appreciate your conviction
Regards :D
 
My first reaction is for #1.

But the second one could really succeed if it had more of an old-time look than just the sepia conversion (ie, spots, rips, worn spots, etc.)

True sparky....

Thank you

Regards :D
 
The first one for me, but I agree with Ken about a closer crop.

Is there any chance you can recover the blown-out sky?

Thank you Invis...but i am a poor "recoverer" ;)

Regards :D
 
#2 with a little more contrast and it's fine for me :thumbup:
 
I attempted a B&W conversion along with some trim outs; please compare with the other two :D



Regards :D
 
I tried a boost up of colors... please check this also; but the sky showed a color change......



Regards :D
 
another view of the museum



C&C please

Regards :D
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom